Indications for referral to the CFU
- Early Onset Dementia (<65 years)
- Possible Frontotemporal dementia
- Possible Progressive Aphasia
- Familial or genetic dementia
- Diagnostic clarification of atypical cases
Please refer to our service guide for further information.
How to refer to the CFU
A letter of referral, outlining the clinical presentation and concerns, together with any relevant correspondence and investigation results, can be sent by email to:
Or by post to:
Cerebral Function Unit, Manchester Centre for Clinical Neurosciences, Salford Care Organisation, Salford, M6 8HD
All referrals are triaged by a member of the clinical team and you may be contacted for further information.
Please include up to date contact information for the patient and/or carer to help us organise their appointment efficiently.